Study Tips: Cramming for finals
by Kaitlyn Halper
With the end of the semester around the corner, students are prepping for papers, exams and homework galore. The Scribe is here to help with a list of study techniques to help you ace your finals.
- Stay organized – Organize your class notes, use sticky notes, and keep flash cards. Create a calendar on what you are going to do when and stick to it.
- Set boundaries for yourself with technology – Cell phones and social media are very distracting, especially during finals week. When studying, put your phone to the side and focus on studying.
- Don’t wait until the last minute – Waiting until the last-minute hurts your ability to retain the information. Try to study for a set amount of time each day to get the best grade.
- Take a break – Don’t over work yourself, as that can hurt you. Take a ten-minute break every hour or so to allow yourself to recharge.
- Read out loud – Reading out loud helps a person retain information. Websites say to record yourself and then play it back to listen.
- Get enough sleep – Make sure you get enough sleep, so your brain is well rested and ready to study or take your final.
- Study in different locations – Research shows that studying in different locations helps you retain information.
Good luck to all Hilbert students on your last week of classes.