by Kaitlyn Halper
With the end of the semester around the corner, students are prepping for papers, exams and homework galore. The Scribe is here to help with a list of study techniques to help you ace your finals.
- Stay organized – Organize your class notes, use sticky notes, and keep flash cards. Create a calendar on what you are going to do when and stick to it.
- Set boundaries for yourself with technology – Cell phones and social media are very distracting, especially during finals week. When studying, put your phone to the side and focus on studying.
- Don’t wait until the last minute – Waiting until the last-minute hurts your ability to retain the information. Try to study for a set amount of time each day to get the best grade.
- Take a break – Don’t over work yourself, as that can hurt you. Take a ten-minute break every hour or so to allow yourself to recharge.
- Read out loud – Reading out loud helps a person retain information. Websites say to record yourself and then play it back to listen.
- Get enough sleep – Make sure you get enough sleep, so your brain is well rested and ready to study or take your final.
- Study in different locations – Research shows that studying in different locations helps you retain information.
Good luck to all Hilbert students on your last week of classes.